Kodi on Firestick? Is it Possible? Can I do that?
Calm down, you will get all the answers here in this post.
Let’s start with some intro. What is Kodi and why people want to install Kodi in Firestick and in every other Android TV streaming box? Also check out some of the best Android TV Box for Kodi if Firestick is not your choice.
Kodi is an ocean of entertainment where you can find almost every movie, TV Shows, TV Channels and what not. If you have a device with Kodi, then you don’t need anything for your entertainment purposes. Kodi has the large collection of entertainment media and it is very flexible. The developers of Kodi programmed the Kodi for different platforms like Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Ubuntu, Rasberry Pi. Many people are asking about How to jailbreak a firestick? But then I asked, what’s the need?
If you are here that means you already know about Kodi and its superpowers. You are here to know How to Install Kodi on Firestick. Well initially, Kodi was available on Firestick but due to legal issues, Kodi is no longer available on the firestick app store. But that doesn’t mean you cannot install Kodi on firestick.
There are a lot of ways out there that help you in installing Kodi on Firestick and the method that we are going to apply is very easy and quick. You don’t need ES File Explorer, Apps2Fire kind of apps on PC or Android for installing Kodi on firestick. That means you can easily get Kodi in firestick without using a computer or smartphone. Yes, you can install Kodi on firestick using PC but that is a time-eating process. We are going to discuss simple and easiest way of installing Kodi on Firestick.
The method we are going to discuss here is an easy, simple and quick method for getting Kodi for firestick. You can follow the exact same method to install Kodi on Amazon FireTV as well.
If you are here while searching for the availability of Kodi for firestick or planning to buy a Firestick, you can buy it and yes, you can install Kodi on Amazon firestick. But if you own a 4K tv, it is advised to buy Amazon FireTV instead of Firestick as it has a lot to offer you. Anyways, let’s come back to our topic.
Here You Go:
Kodi on Firestick/FireTV
A VPN is always recommended when you are using Streaming Apps for streaming Copyrighted content. Check Out the best VPN For Kodi.
See Also: How to get Kodi on Chromecast
Install Kodi on Firestick Using Downloader
1.On the Firestick Home Screen. Go to Settings > Device > Developer Options.
2. Now, you have to turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Source. By default, "Apps from Unknown Source" is off and you just need to turn it On. Also, press Yes when popup came.
3. Now go back to home and head over to App Store. You have to download an app called "Downloader" by AFTVnews. Search for the app in the firestick/firetv home screen and install it on your firestick/firetv.
4. After installing the Downloader app on firestick, Open it. Here you have to enter a URL that would take you to the Kodi app's downloading page. On your firestick downloader app, enter the URL www.thetechtoys.com/ogdd. This URL will let you download the apk of Kodi on firestick. This is the latest Kodi 18.5 Leia apk.
5. The URL I have provided is the Kodi 18.5 Leia which is a stable version. After downloading the Kodi, you would see the typical Android UI of installing the app. We all are familiar to that. Just install the Kodi on Amazon firestick.
6. Once you have done that, your Kodi firestick is ready to use. Just open the Kodi on firestick and start exploring your favorite stuff.
See Also: How to Install Kodi on Apple TV
Above URL not Working?
The URL I have provided above is working absolutely fine till now but in case if you find any error while downloading the Kodi from that link, you can download the Kodi directly from Kodi's official website. To do that:
1.Go to Downloader app that you installed before. Now, on the left side, there is a Browser option. Open that and go to Kodi's official website that is Kodi.tv
2. Now, go to download page and select the Android under Choose Your Weapon. Download the Release, ARMV7A (32Bit) version. After downloading it. Just install and Play.
There is another method which is very similar to the above one. If you have ES Explorer installed on Firestick or above method did not work for you, you can try this one also.
Install Kodi on Firestick/FireTV using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is the very popular app for Android users. It is file explorer app that let you access the directories and path of the folder of your device may it Smartphone, tablet or Amazon Firestick. You can install Kodi on firestick using ES File Explorer Download Manager. To install Kodi on firestick, follow the steps:
1.Go to firestick app store, download & Install the ES File Explorer if you haven't before.
2. Open the app. On the Left-Hand side, there are a bunch of options. Select the Tools and it would expand the option tray. In the expanded tray, select the Download Manager.
3. In the Download Manager, there is a New option in the footer. Select the option.
4. Here it would ask for the path and the name. Enter www.thetechtoys.com/ogdd in the path and give it any name, say Kodi. Then select the Download Now button to download the Kodi.
5. After downloading the Kodi apk file from the above link, install Kodi on firestick.
That is how you can install Kodi on firestick using ES File Explorer. If you already have installed ES File Explorer, then it would be easy for you to download Kodi without installing Downloader app.
These are two most preferred method to install Kodi on firestick. Apart from them, there is one more way to install Kodi on firestick. You can install Kodi on firestick through your computer. Here is what you need to do to install Kodi on firestick using PC/Laptop.
Install Kodi on Firestick Using PC
Note: Before installing Kodi on firestick/fire tv using this method, make sure your computer and firestick are connected to the same network.
So let's begin
1. First of all, go to Firestick Settings> Device > Developer Options.
2. Here, turn on both the options that are ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
3. Now, go back to Firestick home and search for the app called File Commander by Mobisystem Inc. Once you found the app, install it and open it.
4. On the first start, it will ask for the permission to get access to media files in your firestick, just Allow it.
5. Now, on the left-hand side of the app's home screen, there is an option called PC File Transfer.
6. After opening the file transfer option, you will see Start Service option. Click on that.
7. Here you will see an IP Address and Port number that you need to enter into your PC/Laptop's Web Browser. The IP Address will be something like that http://XX.X.X.XX:XXXX
8. Enter that exact IP Address on computer's browser. You can use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or any other web browser.
9. After going to that IP Address, you will see the File Commander interface showing you storage directory of Firestick.
10. Now, go to Kodi.tv and download Kodi v18.5 Leia for Android (Release ARMV7A 32-bit). Or simply click here.
11. Once you download the Kodi apk file, open the folder on file commander where you want to copy the apk file. Choose a Download folder for convenience.
12. Now simply drag and drop the apk file into Download Folder. You will see Uploading Status. Once it gets done, go back to firestick and Stop the Service.
13. Now, using File Commander app or ES File Explorer on Firestick, go to Download Folder and here you will find the copied Kodi apk.
14. Just click on the file and install Kodi on firestick.
That is how you can install Kodi on firestick using PC/laptop. This is a time eating process. First try to install Kodi on firestick using first 2 methods, if you find any problem installing Kodi on firestick using first two methods, then give a shot to the third method that is installing Kodi on firestick using PC/Laptop.
Kodi on Firestick is a great experience and I hope it helped you in installing Kodi on Firestick/firetv. Just add some great Kodi add-ons and have all the fun.
Kodi on Firestick/FireTV
So, this is how you can get Kodi firestick and FireTV Kodi at the same place. All the possible methods are explained above and you can use any of them to get Kodi fire stick. You can directly install Kodi on firestick by following the above-mentioned steps. If you have a question about How to use Kodi on firestick then my friend you don't need to worry about that. It is same Kodi that you are using on your phone or computer. You can install exodus on Kodi and have all the fun.
Note: Many users are facing the problem with Exodus addon as the developer has shut down the Exodus and there would be no further updates of Exodus addon. If Exodus is not working, you can install Covenant in Kodi which is a great alternative to Exodus.
You can also install Kodi builds which will provide you all the great Kodi add-ons in a single installation. Here are best Kodi builds for Firestick and for other devices.
If you are facing any issue while Installing Kodi on firestick, do let me know in the comment section.
Kodi Firestick Duo- Good or Bad?
Kodi on firestick is a great combination. I mean, you can enjoy all the great entertainment at the same place with your family on the bigger screen and that too for free (firestick is not free). But, when it comes to real entertainment experience, you will never get the real and clean entertainment. Kodi is a streaming app that streams videos from unknown sources that can go down one day or another. Moreover, there are a lot of technical glitches associated with Kodi. Sometimes app crashes, stream not available, poor quality video, audio or subtitles unsynced and what not.
Firestick is indeed a great streaming stick. Firestick has Android-based OS and it allows you to install some of the greatest services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu etc. which actually are a real and clean source of entertainment. You will get the best entertainment experience for these services.
Kodi firestick combination can work for a certain period of time. Moreover, streaming copyrighted content through unknown sources also leads to legal infringements. That is why VPN is required to stream videos on Kodi on firestick. If you are using Kodi on firestick or on any other device, it is always suggested to use VPN. IPVanish is award Winning VPN of 2017. You can use IPVanish to secure your internet connection. There are other VPN services that you can use but IPVanish is what I will recommend.
So, Kodi on firestick is not bad but that doesn't mean it is good. For real entertainment, it is always suggested to opt for Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos or to other such services. If you are good with average entertainment, go for Kodi firestick duo. That all depends on your choice.