Music artists do a lot of effort for the album art or cover which we see on the CD. Album art or cover is nothing but a photo that is somehow related to the music of the album. The album cover makes a meaningful sense to the music. The listener feels more attachment to the music by seeing the album cover while listening to music. Moreover, the album art also helps in making a distinct identity in the music shop or online store. The customer can recognize the album just by taking a glance at the album cover. We can say that the album cover is for three purposes:
- Helpful to artists to give the listener more emotional attachment and more sense to the songs
- Provides identification to the album from the millions of album out there
- Helpful in the marketing of the album and band or artist
The album cover looks beautiful in your music library. But, there are 2 types of fans. One, who buys the music from iTunes, Amazon or from a physical music store. Second, are those who download the music from the websites for free which is unethical. The fans of the 1st category don’t need to think about the album art because there is always an album cover on it. But, if the fans of the second category love their bands but can’t afford buying music & wanted to make their music library colorful, how will they do it.
Get Free Amazon Music For 30-Days here:
There is good news for you guys. You can actually change or add album art to mp3. Here are the 4 ways you can through which you can add album art to mp3 or change the album art of your mp3 file.
1. Add Album Art to MP3 Using Windows Media Player
- To add an album cover through Windows media player open the Windows Media Player and import the music files. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- In the left sidebar, click on the music and then albums.
- You can download the music info of all the albums at once. Right-click on any of the album which doesn’t have a cover.
- Click on the second last option that is “Update album Info” and you’ll see the downloading arrow. Your album cover is now downloading and would add simultaneously. It would take a couple of minutes to complete.
- You can add album cover art of the particular album manually. You can do that by clicking on the “Find album info”. A window will appear and you need to select the album cover of the respective album.
- One more way in Media Player, just Google the album name followed by the “album cover” and copy the image. In media player, right-click on the album and paste the image. Cover art would appear
These are the ways to add or change album cover art in Windows Media player. But, there is a problem in it. Windows Media Player finds the album cover of the International music. If your library has songs of your local language like Hindi songs, Punjabi songs, Korean songs, Japanese songs or any other songs which are limited within boundaries of one nation, in that case, Windows Media Player fails in adding up the album cover art.
But, you don’t need to worry we have a lot of other ways to add album cover art.
See Also: How to Setup & Use Kodi on Roku
2. Add Album Art to MP3 on iPhone & macOS (iTunes)
- Open Apple Music (was known as iTunes). If you are a Windows user, you can download iTunes for free from here.
- Look for the song for which you wanted to download album art.
- Right-click on the song name and click on ‘Get Info’.
- A box will appear. Open Artwork tab.
- Click on Add Artwork at the bottom left corner.
- Fetch the Artwork and select it. If you don’t have Artwork, you can simply download it from Google Image Search.
- Click Ok and album artwork is now added to the song.
That is how you can add album art on songs using Apple Music in 2021. You can follow these exact steps to add album artwork on both iPhone as well as macOS devices like Macbook, iMac etc.
See Also: 11 Best Earphones under 2000
3. Add Album Art to MP3 Using Groove Music
If you are a Windows 10 user, then you must have familiarity with Groove Music. Groove Music is built-in app in Windows 10 for music. We can use Groove Music as a music player and can buy the music by purchasing the Groove music subscription.
We don’t need the Groove subscription for adding or changing album cover art. It’s absolutely free. Follow the steps for adding a cover to mp3
See Also: Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers in 2022
- Open the Groove Music. Select a folder or drive where you want Groove Music to look for music files. After selecting, you can see all your albums. You can sort files by album, songs, artist. See picture.
- It’s really easy to add album cover through Groove music. Open the Groove app and Right-click on the album you want to add a cover too. Click on Edit Info. Right Click on the album art and choose the image you want to add as an album cover.
- Open the album, click on the dotted menu and click on Find Album Info DONE!!!
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
In the New version of Groove, you can edit the info about the album by changing the name of the song, artist, and album which makes the search for album art particular and relevant. This is the easiest and full-proof method. But if you are not a Windows 10 user then you cannot use this feature.
Here’s the last and the full proof way out to add album cover art to an mp3 file. Here it is
4. Add Album Art to Mp3 Using Mp3 Tag
The mp3 tag is third-party application software available for Windows and Mac OS. It’s a free tool that allows us to add album cover art to an mp3 file manually. Moreover, we can add more album info of the song. We can add Album name, song name, year, genre, BPM, composer of the song. To add or change the album cover, follow the steps:
- Download the Mp3 Tag from here. Install and Open it.
- Click on the file in the menu and then add a directory. Choose the folder you want to add. See pictures.
Friendly Suggestion: Try to make a separate folder of the album to which you want to add album art cover. If you select the whole folder of music files then it will be a total mess. All songs would be added to the directory. For eg. If you want to add the album cover of Drake’s View Album then add that particular album folder only.
- After adding the directory, click on any song. Fill the whole form at the left sidebar according to your need and at the last, there is space for cover. Right Click on it and add the album cover art. (you can get the album cover from Google Images)
- After adding the image, click on the floppy image right below the file to save the settings. All other song of the same album automatically get updated.
These are quite good tools to add album cover art but can take some time as there is no automation in it. You can add the Name of the song, artist’s name, album name through it and then go to Groove Music. It will take care of your song and would add the album art automatically.
So, these are all the possible ways to which you can add album art on MP3. After adding the album art, you can spot the differences in your new, clean music library. There are a lot of people out there who are very interested in album art.
These tactics are for those who listen to music on desktop or Laptops but habits are changing. According to a report, a human being these days spends around 25 hours a week listening to music. They listen to it in a car, gym, chilling out, etc. Most of the time, the only medium of music is their smartphone.
Also Read: 10 Best Music Apps for Android & iPhone
So, for a better smartphone music experience, album art plays a very important role. Maybe you never realize it. Read an article here.
5. Add Album Art to MP3 on Android Smartphone
- Download Star Music tag editor app on your smartphone and open it
- You will see the list of songs on your device, choose any song to which you want to add album art.
- You can tap on “Auto Search” for automatic searching of album art on the basis of the Name of song, album, and artist.
- Choose and add the image.
There are a couple of other apps in the play store but this is suitable. If you have a Sony smartphone, then it’s a lot easier for you. The inbuilt app “Music” app lets you change or add the album cover. Play the song and tap on the dotted menu. At the last, there is Edit Music Info. Tap on it and you are good to go. Apple users can also add to iTunes.
So, in these ways, you can add album art to mp3 and along with melodious, make your music library beautiful and interactive. Share it with your friends, family. If you have any problem in adding album art to mp3, do let me know in the comment section, I will be there to help you anytime.