If you are asking about How to delete Spotify account? Keep on reading. You will get all the guidance you need for deleting your Spotify account. Spotify is one of the most loved music streaming apps around the world. With high-quality 160Kbit/s streaming (320kbit/s to Premium users), a gorgeous user interface, and a brilliant music-suggesting Algorithm, Spotify has everything.
Spotify has grown exponentially in the last 2 years but there are other competitors in the market like Apple Music, and users kept on changing their preferences over time.
See Also: How to Update Spotify to Latest version
If you are looking to move to other streaming apps and asking how to delete Spotify account, you are at the right place. Actually, Spotify doesn’t want you to leave that’s why they have buried this option in the layers. But if you have finally decided to delete your Spotify Account, due to any reason, this article will guide you well.
How to Delete Spotify Account
There are 2 different stories that are related to Deleting Spotify Account. If you are a Spotify Premium user, you need to cancel the subscription first and then proceed toward deleting the Spotify account. For canceling your Spotify Premium subscription, follow the steps mentioned below:
How to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription
If you are a Spotify Premium user and want to cancel the Premium plan, follow the steps mentioned below. You can follow the same steps on Spotify.com on the Web and on your Smartphone. You cannot cancel the Spotify Premium subscription on Spotify App.
See Also: Best Audiophile Headphones for Gaming
1. Open Spotify.com on PC or Laptop.
2. Login if not already. Go to Account.
3. Click on the Available Plans on Left Sidebar.
4. Here you will see your current Spotify Premium Plan. Scroll all the way down and here you will see ‘Cancel Premium’.
5. Click on Cancel Premium and confirm it on the next screen.
Once you are done with that, you will be able to enjoy the Premium till the next billing date and after that, your account will be changed to a Free Plan account.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone & Android Smartphones
If you don’t have access to PC and looking to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on iPhone or Android smartphone, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open Google Chrome or any other Browser that you prefer.
2. Go to Settings then click on View Account.
3. Click on Account Overview where you need to click on Available Plans in the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll all the way down and click on Cancel. All Done.
If you were looking to Delete your Spotify Premium account, we are done but if you want to Delete Spotify account permanently, keep on reading.
How to Delete Spotify Account
Once you have canceled your Spotify Premium plan, you can Delete your Spotify account. Please note, that after deleting your Spotify account, you will lose all the downloads, Playlists, and followers. You cannot retrieve all that once you delete your Spotify account.
Here is how to Delete Spotify Account
1. Go to Spotify.com on your PC, Laptop or on Smartphone.
2. Login to your Spotify Account. Go to Account.
3. Go to Support.
4. Scroll all the way down. Click on Account Setting.
5. Click on ‘Closing Your Account’.
6. Click on Close Account. It will show your account details. Simply click on Continue to delete your Spotify account.
7. Once you have done that, you will receive an email with a link. You need to click on ‘Close My Account’ to delete the Spotify account finally.
That is how you can delete your Spotify account.
Once you have deleted your Spotify account, you will receive a link from Spotify that you can use to reactivate your Spotify Account within 7 days. After the 7th day, your Spotify account will be permanently deleted and you will never be able to access your Spotify account with that email. You will lose all the downloads, Playlists, and Followers permanently.
How to Delete Spotify Your Account: Final Words
So that is pretty much everything you need to know for deleting a Spotify account. Spotify is indeed the best music streaming app right now but if it is not a perfect streaming app. There are several reasons to move to other streaming apps.
Whatever the reason is, now you know how to delete Spotify account. In case you change your mind and decided to move back to Spotify, you can reactivate your Spotify account within 7 days of closing it. Check your email associated with your Spotify account to reactivate the account.
More Spotify Related Guides: