A lot of Snapchat users were using Bluestacks or other Android emulators to use snapchat on PC but not anymore. Just like WhatsApp Web, Snapchat recently introduced Snapchat Web where users can access their Snapchat account on a PC without any kind of Android Emulator.
If you are active on Snapchat and like to chat, share snaps, and use Snapchat filters, Snapchat Web will make complete sense to you.
Using Snapchat Web, you can chat, call, video call with your friends. You can even use Snapchat filters and take photos using a Webcam or inbuilt camera on Laptops. As of now, you cannot see posts from your friends or explore on Snapchat Web, which is a little disappointing. Maybe Snapchat just wanted to keep the web version for chats and calls only.
Anyhow, if you want to use Snapchat on PC without any Android emulator, this guide will help you.
How to use Snapchat on PC without Bluestack
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to use Snapchat on a PC. You don’t need to connect your phone to your PC in any manner. Simply follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open any web browser and go to web.snapchat.com.
2. Here you need to Login to your Snapchat account. Simply enter your username or email and password.
3. Once you logged in, you will see a couple of options related to your Snapchat account. At the top, you will see Snapchat For Web. Click on it.
4. Now on your smartphone, you will see a notification from Snapchat where you need to confirm that you are using Snapchat on the Web.
5. Simply click on the notification on the phone and click on Yes.
5. Once you are done with that, you will see Snapchat Web on your PC.
That is how you can use Snapchat on a PC without any Android emulators. Although we have limited features on the Snapchat web but it is still a great experience chatting and using filters on the Snapchat web.
Talking about Snapchat Filters, here is how to use that.
See Also: How to Fix Phone Not Charging issue?
How to Use Camera & Filters on Snapchat Web?
Snapchat is known for its filters and they know it very well. That is the reason why Snapchat provided us with the Filters on Snapchat Web. Here is how to use it.
1. On the first run of Snapchat Web, you will see Snapchat asking for Camera & Microphone permissions. Click on Allow.
2.. Now, click on the big Camera icon on the Snapchat Web.
3. Camera is ready to use. You will see all the filters at the bottom. To click snap, simply tap on the shutter icon and done.
Unfortunately, you cannot record videos on Snapchat web but you can video call your friends or voice call your friends which is definitely a good thing for a lot of Snapchat users.
See Also: How to Share Instagram Profile
By default, Snapchat uses an inbuilt camera of a laptop and most webcams don’t take good pictures. To get good-quality photos on the Snapchat web, you can use an external camera or 4K Webcam. To switch to a different camera, click on the 3 dots on Snapchat web and you will see the name of the camera if already connected.
Once you are done with Snapchat Web’s camera, make sure you turn it off by clicking on the Close icon at the top left corner. Otherwise, it will keep on running in the background and you might not like that.
See Also: How to Add Friends on Spotify
Use Snapchat on PC: Final Words
So that is pretty much everything you need to use Snapchat on PC. Snapchat Web is definitely a good move by Snapchat but right now, it is very limited and offers very basic features like taking photos, using filters and sending snaps and chat with friends. You cannot explore other people on Snapchat, you cannot add friends, cannot see your friends’ posts and moreover, you cannot record videos.
If you just wanted to chat on Snapchat, the Snapchat web is good otherwise, there is no point in using Snapchat Web if you like to surf and explore other people on Snapchat.