No one can understand the feeling when you put your hand in the pocket and realizes that your loving phone is no more in the pocket. All you want to track an android phone location. It might be misplaced, fallen from your pocket or in the worst case, been stolen. What can we do at that time? Our contacts, SMS, photos of the family trip, funny videos recorded with friends, All gone now.
But wait, don’t panic. Because that is the time to take any action, not to give a reaction. The moment you realize the misplacement of the phone, try to track Android phone. Obviously, you would not install any tracking app on your phone because you CANNOT.
You can track the android phone through Google. Yes, Dearest Google has a solution to track your Lost Android phone. But, you have to prepare yourself to face that situation. If you have your phone right now while reading this, follow the steps given under to enable the tracking of your Android by Google.
If you are here to track an android phone, you can bypass the first heading and go to the second part of the post which is How to Track Android Phone?
If you are here just to get some info about Android Tracking go on and if you have your phone right now while reading this, follow the steps given under to enable the Android tracking so that Google can help you in case.
Using Google Device Manager, you can track an android phone, you can make your phone Ring and erase the data of your Android device.
Also Read: How to Project Android Screen to PC
So, What you have to do?
How to Enable Android Device Manager?
#1. Go to Settings
#2. Under Personal, Go to Location.
#3. Under location service, tap on Google Location History.
#4. Here you would see your Google account and the name of your device. Make sure location history for both the option is switched ON.
#5. Now go back and tap on Mode. Now, there would be 3 options. But, you have to select High Accuracy. In this option, Google can use GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile network to track the location.
#6. Go back to the Settings, tap on security option. Now, go to Device administrators, Select the Android Device Manager. Some phone manufacturers provide their own Securities like Motorola Device policy comes in Moto phones. If your phone has another security option, select that also (in case).
So, these are the steps, you have to select to enable the Android Device Manager on your phone. Your phone is now ready to be tracked by Google whenever needed.
Remember that, there is no 3rd party Android Device Manager apk. It is an inbuilt service of Android and do not try to install 3rd Party app that claims to be Android Device Manager apk because you don’t need to do that. Android Device Manager is an inbuilt service by Google to all Android users. So, don’t rely on any tracking app that claims to be Android Device Manager apk.
How to Track an Android Phone Location using Google Account?
To track an Android phone. Follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome (preferred) or any other browser on Computer, Tablet, or smartphone.
2. Go to Google.com and search for “Where is my phone” or “Find my phone”. If you have a Samsung Galaxy, you can also enter Find my Samsung phone to track down your phone.
3. If you are on the Google Chrome and Google account is already signed in then it would directly show the location of your Android phone on the search result page.
4. If you are on another browser, simply visit Google Security. Here, you have to log in to your same Google account that is logged in your Android phone and you would get the Device Name. Choose your device. Then, there would be a couple of options like Lock your phone, Reach out to the carrier, calling, etc.
If you want to locate your phone, select the first option, which is Locate. Click on it.
6. A new window would appear and here you would see Google Map showing the current location of your phone. There are other options including Ring, Lock, and Erase. using these options, you can Ring your phone You can lock your phone and you are also able to erase the data of your phone.
This is where the Android Device Manager will start doing its job.
This is how you can track an Android phone using google. This is just a service by Google to secure Android phones. In case, you don’t have an active internet connection in your phone then it would not be easy to track Android phone using Android Device Manager.
Google also has all the records of the locations you ever been to. You can also locate your phone using Google Timeline.
How to track an Android Phone using Google Timeline?
1. To locate the Android through Google timeline. Go to history.google.com. Google timeline shows the Android device manager’s location history. That means Google will create a timeline of the location where your phone was been. That would be a great help if you can see the most recent location of Android through Google Timeline.
2. Here you would get all the details of the locations you ever visited. You can locate the current location of Android by sorting the Date, Month, and year. You can see all the location timeline here. You can also get the saved contacts on your android.
If you failed to locate an Android phone, you can block your phone so that no one can make any call or use the internet on that phone. You can call your service provider to barred the call & network service on your number. They would ask for IEMI number and then, they would blacklist your phone.
This is How you can track an Android phone. Tracking misplaced, the lost smartphone is not possible by installing a 3rd party app because we don’t have the device in our hand. But, with Google, you can locate your phone anytime, anywhere. The only problem in tracking the phone is the active internet connection. Android Device Manager location history is another helpful thing for tracking Android phones. This is a free phone tracker but if you are not getting any further lead, it is always advised to take help from the Police.
If you misplaced your phone only then you can track your phone. but if anyone intentionally picked up your phone with the whole purpose of stealing it then his first action after picking up your phone would be turning off your phone. If the phone is switched off then it would not be possible to track the phone using the Android device manager.
So, make your phone get ready through the Android Device Manager so that Google can help you in finding your misplaced or lost phone. Just go to the Android Device Manager login page and protect your phone.
I hope this post helped you. To some extent, you can track an Android phone without using any third-party app. Share with your friends and on your social media. Your one share can help someone in finding his/her beloved phone.