Want to cast Android screen to pc? You are at the right place. Here you will get the easiest and quickest way to do that. You don’t need to root your device.
In this article, I am going to tell you 2 different ways to mirror Android to PC
- Using USB Cable
- Without Cable or Wireless Method
If you have any confusion, watch the video given under.
You don’t need to Root your device. Both are easy to setup and both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Choose your style and have fun
By sharing the phone’s screen on your PC, you can share your photos, videos on your Laptop screen. Also, you can enjoy the games on the bigger screen. The way you get to know today would allow you to control your Android Smartphone from Laptop or PC mouse.
You can also cast android screen to pc wirelessly, but that doesn’t allow you to control your Android smartphone from laptop or PC. You don’t need any technical skills for Android screen sharing via USB nor need any internet connection. It’s easy, simple and quick.
So, let’s start.
Basic requirements to Mirror Android to PC
- USB cable. Genuine USB cable is recommended that you get in the box.
- A smartphone (Obviously dude)
- PC or Laptop (are you kidding me)
- Internet connection (for first time only)
That’s all. Now, you are good to go. In the first method, I am going to explain, How to Mirror Android to PC using USB Cable.
Mirror Android to PC
- Open the Google Chrome (Yes, the Browser). Open the Apps store and search for Vysor. Vysor for PC provides you a platform where you can cast android screen to pc.
2. Click on ADD TO CHROME and Open the App.
3.Windows user needs to install an additional driver called ADB driver. Download here
4. If you reached up here, you are done with the PC settings. Now, on your Android smartphone, Go to the settings > about phone. At the last, there is Build number. Tap 7-8 times on build number.
“YOU ARE NOW A DEVELOPER!” pop up will appear. Go back and you would see a new option as “DEVELOPER OPTION”. This option is for the developers to make some changes in your phone. You can make so many modifications in this option.
CAUTION: WITHOUT ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, DO NOT MAKE ANY MODIFICATION, IT CAN MAKE YOUR PHONE MISBEHAVED
5. In DEVELOPER OPTION, there is USB DEBUGGING, which is off by default. Switch on the USB Debugging. Pop up will appear, just tap on Ok.
6. NOW, this is the step, where Magic happens. Open the Vysor for PC app and Connect your phone to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
7. If you have Moto phone, Nexus phone, you get the various option in the drop down Notification tray, where you can select the purpose of USB like Charging Only, File Transfer, Photo Sharing. Make sure you choose photo sharing. Other users go to Settings for selecting the USB behavior.
8. A Vysor App will automatically get installed on your Android smartphone just after connecting the USB for the very first time. Now you can see your Android screen on PC screen. If nothing happened. Do it manually by Opening the Vysor app from Apps in Google Chrome. Click on view.
After Doing this, you would see Android screen on PC or Laptop screen.
That’s all about the first Method.
Now, let start the second method, that is, Mirror Android to PC without USB cable.
See Also: How to Download Movies using uTorrent
Mirror Android to PC
- Open Google Chrome. Go to Apps> Web Store and Search for an App called All Cast Receiver. Add that to Chrome. All cast receiver allows you to mirror android to pc using the wifi hotspot. With All Cast Receiver, you don’t need to use extra cables for casting android screen to pc.
2. After adding All Cast Receiver. You have to make some settings in Windows Firewall. Search for Windows Firewall with advanced security. Open it.
3. After opening Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. In the top left corner, there are options of Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules.
4. First, make an Inbound Rule by Right Click on it. A window will appear. Select Port Click Next. Then Select TCP and in the second option, enter a number 53515. Click Next. Choose Allow this Connection, then click on next. In the Finish Window enter a name All Cast.
5. Now make an Outbound Rule same as Inbound Rule. Just change TCP to UDP. All other steps are exactly same.
6. After making both the rules, you would see 2 new rules. (See picture)
7. After doing these settings, you are done with PC settings. Now, Install Mirror App from PlayStore in your Android Smartphone. Open the App in your smartphone and All Cast Receiver app in Google Chrome.
Make sure both the devices, that is your Android Smartphone and your PC/Laptop is connected with the same WiFi connection.
After opening the apps on respective devices, you would see Laptop/PC name on your Android Smartphone. Select that, and you would see your Android Screen on PC screen.
So, this is how you can mirror android to pc. The wireless method is suitable for mirroring android to pc when you are going to have static content like a video or a movie because you cannot control anything from your phone.
If you are in trouble or have any confusion. You can watch the video. In the video, I am explaining both the methods with all the steps.
Now you know how to cast Android Screen to PC and it is more fun to mirror Android to pc Wirelessly as wireless projection gives you more range as compared to USB method because the range is limited to the length of the USB cable while in the Wireless method, it uses WiFi to mirror Android Screen to PC. You can mirror even from far distance (within the wifi range)
On the contrary, USB method allows you to control Android Device from PC but in the wireless method, you cannot use your Android from PC/Laptop mouse pointer.
Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Which is your favorite method for Android screen sharing? Do let me know in the comments
I hope you succeeded mirroring Android to PC. This whole process also works fine with Mac. Using Vysor for PC, you can control your whole phone from the laptop. Moreover, you can play any videos, games, pictures on a bigger screen.
BONUS: IF YOU HAVE A HDMI CABLE, YOU CAN CONNECT YOUR LAPTOP ON BIGGER SCREEN LIKE LED TV OR PROJECTOR. BY CONNECTING THIS, BASICALLY, YOU CAN PROJECT ANDROID SMARTPHONE SCREEN ON MUCH BIGGER DISPLAY.
See Also: Is it Possible to Get Kodi on Roku?
There is a lot more fun we can have with our Tech Toys.
Share it with your friends. Do let me know, how you enjoyed the Android screen sharing in the comments and if you have any problem in cast android screen to pc, feel free to ask in the comments.