Amazon finally announced the comeback of the Youtube on Firestick once again. Before that, Firestick users were using a bookmark app named as youtube.com to access Youtube on Firestick. You need to open the web browser to use the Youtube on Firestick but now, Youtube app is officially available on Amazon App store and you can easily download Youtube app on Firestick.
Youtube on Firestick actually a great combination. You can enjoy all the Youtube content on a big tv screen and it really enhances the Youtube experience.
With the announcement of the Youtube app on Firestick, Amazon also announced the availability of Amazon Prime Videos on Google Chromecast and Android Powered Smart TV.
If you wanted to install the Youtube app on Firestick, here is how to do that. We will keep it brief as there is nothing fancy doing it.
How to Install Youtube app on Firestick
To install the Youtube app on Amazon firestick or FireTV, you need to follow these easy steps mentioned below:
1. On the Firestick home screen, go to Search and enter Youtube.
2. Select the Youtube and look for the Youtube app by Google LLC.
3. Once you found the app with Youtube logo, open it and tap on ‘Get’. Youtube app is now downloading.
4. After that, open the Youtube app on Firestick. You need to setup your Google Account on that.
5. To activate Youtube account on Firestick, Open youtube.com/activate on your PC or smartphone. Enter the provided code.
6. Youtube app on Firestick is now ready to use.
After doing all that, go to apps and look for Youtube. On the Youtube icon, tap on Options button on firestick remote and select move. Now move the Youtube app on the top to access right from the home screen of Firestick.
See Also: Best Android TV Box to Buy in 2019
Download Youtube on Firestick
So that is how you can download Youtube app on Firestick. This is the easiest way to download Firestick on FireTV. Previously, firestick users were using Silk Browser to access Youtube but Youtube official app will provide a better experience.