Suppose you took a screenshot and now you are wondering where are screenshots saved?
Taking a screenshot on the mac is pretty easy and handy at times. Screenshots are basically a photograph of your screen. For those who are into creating online content for blogs, websites, knows the value of screenshots. Even for regular users, screenshots are the easiest way to share the content of the computer/mobile phone screen.
Capturing screenshot on the MacBook is easy but to access a screenshot, sometimes, becomes a pain in the head. For a noob who just switched to mac always have trouble finding the screenshot. Here is the answer to your question, ‘where are my screenshots going’? This same problem is faced by many Windows users. Here is how to change the screenshot location on Windows 10.
Where are Screenshots Saved?
By default, all the screenshots you took saved to the desktop with this format ‘screenshot-date-time‘. You can directly go to the desktop to access the screenshots but if you want to change the location of the screenshot on mac, you can easily do that.
Capturing screenshot on macOS Mojave and Catalina is pretty much the same. If you have Macbook Pro with the touch bar, you can take a screenshot from the touch bar as well.
See Also: How to fix Frozen Touch Bar on Macbook
How to Capture Screenshot on Macbook from Touch Bar?
For Macbook Pro with touch bar, you can either take a screenshot by pressing the Shift + Command + 5 button or you can take a screenshot from the touch bar.
To take a screenshot from the touch bar, make sure you have added the screenshot on the touch bar.
1. You can add Screenshot button on Touch Bar by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Customised Control Strip.
2. Tap on expanding arrow on the touch bar.
3. You will see more options on the screen for the touch bar. Now drag and Drop the ‘screenshot icon’ on the Touch Bar.
3. Now you will be able to take a screenshot from the touch bar as well. Not only that, but you can also change the location of the screenshot from the touch bar.
How to Change Screenshot Location on Mac?
There are different ways to change the screenshot location on mac. If you are using macOS Mojave, you can change it while taking a screenshot.
- While taking a screenshot on mac by pressing Shift + Command + 5 Key.
- Before you capture a screenshot, click on ‘Options’ and select the place you wanted to save the screenshot.
Here is how to save a screenshot in a particular folder in your SSD
- To save the screenshot, go to the desired drive and create a folder. Once you created the folder, name it.
- Now, press Shift + Command + 5 Key and go-to options. Click on ‘Other Locations’.
- Fetch the folder in the drive and select it.
Now all your screenshot will be saved in the selected folder.
See Also: How to setup Samsung DeX on Macbook
Change Screenshot location on Macbook Pro using Touch Bar
- To change the screenshot location using a touch bar, either press Shift + Command + 5 Key or simply click on the Screenshot Icon on the touch bar.
- Now you will see a couple of options including ‘save to’. By default, it is on Desktop. You can change the screenshot location to documents, clipboard, preview, mail. Simply touch on ‘Desktop’ and it will expand with other options.
Choose any of them that you seem good for you. The touch bar does not provide you the option to save a screenshot in a dedicated folder. If you want a folder for saving a screenshot, you can do that by following the above method.
Save Screenshot in Clipboard on Mac
There is a dedicated ‘Print Screen’ button in Windows Keyboard that saves the screenshot in the clipboard. You can simply paste that captured screenshot in a different program like in Paint, Photoshop or any other program for editing.
You can do that in Mac as well but in a bit different way. As there is no ‘Print Screen’ button on Mac, you can do that by pressing the ‘Shift + Command + 4’ key.
Once you pressed that, you can select the region to capture the screenshot. After doing that, your screenshot will be saved.
Now you can open Photoshop or any other photo editing app and simply paste the screenshot by pressing ‘Command + V’.
Change Screenshot Location in Mac: Final Words
That is how you can change the screenshot location on mac. There are different ways to do that and you can select any of them that you can feel is convenient for you. Capturing screenshot from the touch bar is really handy and you can also change the location of a screenshot from the touch bar. So, now you know where are your screenshot saving in mac.