Started as XBMC (Xbox Media Center) which later on faced the copyright issues now turned as a popular open source media center, Kodi. Kodi is popular open source entertainment media software that let you stream movies, tv shows, music and what not. With hundreds of Kodi add-ons, you can get the best out of the Kodi. Kodi is available for almost every platform to be it Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Linux, Rasberry Pi and more. You can install Kodi on your machine to get the unmatched entertainment experience.
If you are an Apple TV user and want to explore more, Kodi is a great option. You can install Kodi on Apple TV and get access to some of the best entertainment media on your Apple TV. Installing Kodi on Windows, Android & iPhone is easy but installing Kodi on Apple TV is little bit Pain.
But hey, you don’t need to worry about that, you just need to follow these steps and you will end up having Kodi on Apple tv.
Install Kodi on Apple TV 4
Installing Kodi on Apple TV 4 is not freeway ride, you have to do some tasks for it. First of all:
- Get an Apple Developer Account (Free)
- Download Xcode 7.2 or Higher
- Download Latest Kodi Build
- iOS App Signer Utility
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A
After downloading all the above-mentioned stuff, follow these steps:
1. First, connect the Apple TV with Mac using USB type C to USB Type A. If you don’t have one, you can buy it from Amazon from the link given above.
2. Next, launch the Xcode, go to Accounts and click on the “+” icon. There you need to log in with your Apple ID. Now in the Xcode, go to file and create a new project.
3. In this window, select Application under tvOS, then select Single View Application. After that hit Next.
4. In the next screen, you need to enter Product Name, Organization Name etc. Just enter the details. (Random Details). After filling up details hit next.
5. Here you need to save the application file on your Mac. Before that, there would be an error stating “No Matching Provisioning Profile Found”. You don’t need to worry, just click on the Fix Issue and you would be good to go. (At this time, Apple Tv must be connected with your Mac)
6. After saving the file, open iOS App Signer. At the Provisioning File, select the file you just saved from Xcode. And in the Input file, select the Kodi.deb file that you have downloaded earlier. (Link is given above).
7. After doing that, click on Start. Give a name to the file. It would take a couple of seconds while saving the file. Once it gets done, move to next step.
8. Go back to Xcode, go to Windows from the above Menu and go to Devices. Make sure, Apple TV is Selected, otherwise, it would not allow you to install Kodi on Apple TV.
9. At the left corner, click on a + icon and select the file you’ve saved from iOS App Signer in the 7th Step. It will take a couple of minutes, Once it gets done. You have Kodi on Apple TV.
So, this is how you can install Kodi on Apple TV 4. With that, you would get all the Kodi stuff on your Apple TV and you can enjoy high-quality entertainment right on your Apple TV.
Kodi is nothing without its addons. Kodi without addons is like a smartphone without any apps. Addons enhance the powers of Kodi and for actual usage of Kodi, you do need some good add-ons. There are thousands of Kodi add-ons and among them, Exodus is pretty popular. Using Exodus, you can watch latest TV Shows, Movies on your Apple TV that too for free. You can see this guide for installing Exodus on Kodi. Apart from Exodus, there are some great LIVE TV addons for Kodi also. Using these Kodi Live tv addons, you can have your own Kodi live tv setup right on your apple tv.
IMPORTANT FOR KODI USERS:
Some Kodi add-ons may be restricted in your country by the authorities to protect the copyrights claims. To bypass the restrictions and to access the geographically restricted content without any copyright issues, it is advised to use IPVanish VPN. IPVanish is an award-winning VPN by T3 Awards (Oscars of tech). IPVanish is made for Kodi and that is why it is the safest way to access Kodi without any copyright claims & to secure the internet connection. Get the Best VPN of 2017 here.
If you have Apple TV but don’t have Mac computer, then there is another way to get Kodi on Apple TV. But, after installing Kodi through that method, some user claims that Hackers can steal your Apple ID. That is why it is not that preferred method.
Install Kodi on Apple TV (Not Preferred)
Note: Any Breach of your Apple Data because of using this method is solely your responsibility. We Do Not prefer this method AT ALL.
1. First thing first, Download the Cydia Impactor from here. Cydia Impactor is available for both Windows and Mac. So download the respective file from the link.
2. If you are on Mac, just double-click on the Cydia Impactor file and drag the app icon to the folder. Windows user needs to extract the Zip file using Winrar or 7Zip and locate the Impactor.exe file. Just open it. No need to install it.
3. Now you need to download the latest Kodi. You can download the latest build of Kodi from here.
4. After downloading the Kodi, you need to connect Apple TV to your Windows or Mac machine. For that, you need a Type-C to USB 3.0 cable. If you don’t have one, you can buy it from here.
5. Connect the Apple TV to your machine using the cable and run Cydia Impactor. In the Cydia Impactor, you can see the Apple TV in the bar.
6. Now, all you need is to drag and drop the Kodi file onto the Cydia Impactor. It would ask for the Apple ID. Just enter your Apple ID credentials and installation of Kodi on Apple TV will begin. It will take a couple of seconds.
See Also: 7 Best Showbox Alternatives For You
Enjoy Kodi on Apple TV
So, you have Kodi on Apple TV and you can enjoy the Kodi content on Apple TV. Now you can setup your Kodi on Apple tv by adding your favorite Kodi add-ons and setup Kodi subtitle (in case you needed). If you have any issue while installing Kodi on Apple TV, let me know in the comment section below. And do share it with your friends and Family.